ViviJane Exquisite Home Ironing Board Cover, Anti-scalding and Anti-Dyeing Ironing Board Cover
Before buying, measure the working surface of the ironing board, measure the width and length of the base. If the size of your board is 120 * 38 cm (the most common standard), then in addition to the exact size, a cover of 125 * 40 cm is also suitable for you. Pay attention to the nose of the ironing board, it can be blunt, sharp or conical. Check with the sellers if this or that coating is suitable for your board, not all manufacturers rely on non-standard boards.
Feature of ViviJane Exquisite Home Ironing Board Cover, Anti-scalding and Anti-Dyeing Ironing Board Cover
- Exclusive Fabric Design: Super thick filling never fades. The Padded Ironing Board Cover is Extra Thick and Holds and Reflects the Heat to CUT YOUR IRONING TIME DOWN.
- Supplement 2 Giveaway Accessories: We give complementary accessories (4 fasteners and 1 protective mesh cloth) for free. You will not only get a premium ironing board cover but also two complementary accessories at an affordable price.
- Easy to Use: Use the pull cord to easily fix the ironing board cover to the ironing board. If necessary, you can use the included clip to further tighten the elastic band. Achieve ironing surface without creases, easy ironing.
How to choose the right ironing board cover
- Measure your ironing board. Measure the length and width of your board. Measure only the ironing surface, not including the iron rest, when measuring the length and measure the widest part when determining the width. Then you need to determine which edge of the board is: rounded, tapered or blunt.
- Find the right cover for you. The coverings come in different shapes, sizes, materials and models that are designed for different types of ironing. Of course, the choice of ironing board cover is a matter of taste, but it should be smooth and permeable to steam and heat. How often you iron and what you iron will determine which coating you need to buy. It is very good that you decided to change the coating, by this you protected yourself from the worst – to discover the unsuitability of your board in the future. You should also consider that there are several types of coverings for different needs, this is especially true for those who sew or quilter.
Non-stick or reflective coatings are designed to reflect heat from the iron upward from the cover to your garment. This means that heat is absorbed only by your clothes and not by your clothes or covering, making ironing quicker with minimal effort. Not only will it speed up the ironing process, but also at low temperatures, you will damage delicate fabrics less. Another plus of the reflective surface of the coating is that it does not get dirty and is heat resistant, so it not only looks good, but will last longer. While this is great for daily ironing, some people dislike it because the fabric slips off and it is difficult to fold and smooth the hem. These users suggest a natural cotton board cover to be pulled over reflective when working on sewing projects.
The natural unlightened cotton ironing board covers are very popular for daily ironing and very practical for sewing and quilting. Your clothes and fabric will not slip off the ironing board. This is usually a dense material like canvas or canvas, very durable and washable well. However, it will burn if the iron is very hot or you leave it on the surface for a long time. Although burnt-on stains will not ruin your clothes, they look ugly and hardly wash out. Several manufacturers have developed a vapor resistant cotton undercoat to give you the best of two – a heat-reflecting non-slip surface for easier ironing.
Made from 100% cotton, the coverings are available in a variety of excellent colors and patterns to add a bold, chic feel to your ironing board. This is especially good for you if you leave your board spread out or use it for something else. Printed and colored cotton covers are usually made of fabric thinner than unbleached cotton covers. Some people love flowers, stripes and patterns on these boards, others don’t! One of the main drawbacks is that the pattern is visible through the item you are ironing and it is difficult to see the non-ironed areas. It also makes it difficult to measure a visually straight line for bending an edge or cut. The rich colors will brighten up your laundry without affecting your ability to see you ironing or tucking the cut.
What is important when choosing a cover?
The removable cover is very important for ironing. It should combine both functionality and practicality. The process must be approached very responsibly and competently. We live in a modern world where even the ironing board cover serves as an interior detail and is an accessory. But do not forget about the main purpose – safe and high-quality ironing of things.
Step by step instructions for choosing a cover.
We measure the ironing board. We are interested in length and width. If everything is clear with the length, but as for the width, then we measure only the working surface in the widest place. The countertop requires special attention, its edge can be of different shapes – round, blunt or conical. Consider this factor too.
Decide on the coating material. It can be very different, we will consider this moment in detail a little further.
The presence of packing.
Choose a mount that suits your board.