TIVIT Ironing Board Cover 18 x 54 Pro Grip Pad Covers
Before buying, measure the working surface of the ironing board, measure the width and length of the base. If the size of your board is 120 * 38 cm (the most common standard), then in addition to the exact size, a cover of 125 * 40 cm is also suitable for you. Pay attention to the nose of the ironing board, it can be blunt, sharp or conical. Check with the sellers if this or that coating is suitable for your board, not all manufacturers rely on non-standard boards.
Feature of TIVIT Ironing Board Cover 18 x 54 Pro Grip Pad Covers
- MADE IN ITALY!
- SAVE TIME WITH OUR REFLECTIVE COVERS – Silicone surface reflects the heat so you achieve perfect, wrinkle-free clothes twice as fast. AlumiTek coating performs by reflecting the heat consistently back up through the garments eliminating wrinkles quickly and efficiently.
- SCORCH & STAIN RESISTANT, HEAT REFLECTIVE – The extra thick 3 layer padding adheres & constructs together as one-piece to provide a wrinkle-free ironing surface. The top layer is coated with our AlumiTek protective overlay, a foam inner layer & a felt padded bottom layer
Types of covers and their characteristics
Which ironing board cover is better depends on several factors: coating manufacturer; the type of board and the degree of its operation; financial capabilities of the buyer. Nowadays, most manufacturers offer board covers with elastic or lace fastening. The first option is considered the most elastic and convenient type of tightening. These covers are easy to put on and keep perfectly taut on the board. However, they are not suitable for ironing boards with a stationary iron stand. In addition, the elastic may stretch over time and the coating will lose its original shape. Products with laces allow you to change the dimensions of the cover, so they can be purchased for boards of any parameters and with various types of fasteners. The drawstring can be easily tied under the board and, if necessary, can be untied for washing or replacing the cover.
How to sheathe an ironing board?
To get started, you need to decide on the materials and tools.
For constriction, a dense cotton fabric without coloring or with a print resistant to color loss is suitable. Check for shedding when ironing on a damp cloth. For the backing, you can use soft nonwovens, foam, or even a piece of an old flannel blanket. It will be great if the colors of the future cover will be in harmony with the interior of the house. Even when doing everyday household chores, it is pleasant to surround yourself with beauty. It cheers you up and sets you in a positive mood.
A set of tools that you will need:
- material for the top layer,
- backing material,
- tailor’s centimeter or long ruler,
- furniture stapler,
- chalk, soap or a special tailor’s pencil,
- miniature round nose pliers.