In modern steam irons, you can find a wide variety of functions, ranging from the simplest heating control, to smart sensors that independently select the mode for ironing.
Almost all modern irons are steam irons. Constant steam is very convenient when ironing thick fabrics. For a comfortable ironing, choose irons with a steam supply of at least 40g / min.
Feature of MARTISAN Steam Iron, Ceramic Soleplate Iron with Retractable Cord
- 【FULL FUNCTION IRON】: Built-in anti-drip system, You do not have to worry about water leaking and clothes will get wet when ironing. Also built-in anti-calc and self-cleaning system, which will remove calcium deposits to maintain high performance and increase the iron’s lifespan.
- 【VARIABLE TEMP CONTROL】5 range temperature dial makes it easy and precise when you iron a variety of fabrics such as wool, silk, linen, cotton etc.; always keep your clothes in perfect status
- 【NOT A USED IRON】Every MARTISAN Steam Iron has passed the quality test to ensure the function correctly and provide consumers with 100% satisfaction, so there will be a little bit of water left in the reservoir, will not affect the performance of the product.
Steam delivery methods and quality
Considering that the steam from the iron is the main element that contributes to the quality of the final result as well as to the speed and efficiency of the ironing work, it is important to know its main production and delivery characteristics.
- Steam quantity: expressed in grams per minute (g / min), this parameter is directly linked to the characteristics of the steam production boiler, i.e. the iron’s ability to withstand a certain pressure. The iron can generally work in continuous or variable steam delivery mode. In any case, it is advisable to iron in an easy and fluid way that within a minute a quantity of steam not less than about 30 grams comes out.
- Vertical steam: this function is particularly useful when you need to iron fabrics arranged vertically (curtains or hanging garments), without the need to temporarily place them on a horizontal support surface.
- Steam boost or super-steam: when ironing fabrics it is often necessary to ask the iron for a greater supply of steam in certain particularly demanding parts of the fabric. For this reason it is advisable to evaluate the characteristics of the steam shot of the appliance, which should provide, in addition to a direction of the jet only at the tip or on the whole plate, a minimum quantity of steam equal to 200g / min.
Going back upstream of the steam production process, let’s now analyze the use of water connected to the use of the iron.
- Descaling function:generally the iron works with distilled water or can use tap water (with limestone) if it has the appropriate descaling function which allows it to avoid the dangerous consequences of an excessive accumulation of this compound on the heating elements. If you want to use the normal water that comes out of the taps at home, you must therefore make sure that this function is present, which can usually be activated using a specific button on the body of the appliance. Otherwise, it will be necessary to consider the purchase cost of distilled water which can also be supplied, at no additional cost, by any dehumidifier already present in the house.
- Anti-drop function:the leakage of liquid water from the steam emission holes generally represents an inconvenience that should be as reduced as possible, since it tends to excessively wet the fabrics on the worktop, both in the support phase and that of lifting the iron. Some models of iron have a specific function aimed at counteracting the production of drops from the soleplate, thus preserving the most delicate items.
An iron for everyone need
Let’s review the main types of iron , bearing in mind that each responds to different needs. Let’s evaluate the pros and cons together.
With iron steam iron is meant the iron by traditional ironing equipped with integrated water tank . It is suitable for those who do not have large ironing needs, in particular for small or single families, i.e. those with limited quantities of laundry to be ironed. It is distinguished by a lower steam power output compared to a model with boiler, on the other hand it has a lower working autonomy . So during an ironing session it happens to fill the tank several times with water. The steam iron has the advantage of being quiet and space- saving when compared to one with a separate boiler. Very handy are thecordless models , ie without cable for total freedom of movement.