A couple of years ago, ironing board covers were simple, nondescript, gray and of the same type. Now you can buy an ironing board cover that will perfectly match your room decor. But most importantly, the ironing board covers do not just perform the property of an accessory, but also make ironing the linen easier.
Feature of SUNKLOOF Scorch Resistance Ironing Board Cover
- ♥ PREMIUM AND ECO-FRIENDLY MATERIAL: This cover is made of 3 layers- scorch and stain assistance cotton, thicker foam padding and 100% natural breathable cotton. All materials are eco-friendly
- ♥ ELASTICIZED EDGE AND EXTRA STITCHING: Good Elasticized edge with non-slip nose pocket design keeps ironing board covers securely in place.
- ♥ GET WRINKLE-FREE CLOTHES RIGHT NOW: The heat reflection of special cotton distributes heat and steam evenly, shortens the ironing time greatly
- ♥ GENERAL SIZE AND EASY TO INSTALL: Durable and stretchable material makes board cover fit standard size
Guides for choosing an ironing accessory
Choosing the right accessory will make ironing easier and prolong the iron’s life. Recommendations for choosing a cover are as follows:
- When gathering behind the cover, do not forget to measure the surface of the ironing board, as the size of the cover depends on these parameters. The exception is universal covers;
Pay attention to the marking of the covers so as not to be mistaken with the size in the case of universal covers, a 2 mm thick lining is a must. Otherwise, traces from the board may remain on things, especially with a mesh surface; a cotton accessory must contain at least half of the content of natural fabric;
- If the cover is not designed for too high temperatures, then it is better to choose it with a pattern of light colors – this will exclude the appearance of prints on clothes;
a good teflon-coated product contains three layers glued together – the Fibretex base;
the foam rubber cover should be chosen with a thickness of 2 to 4 mm. An excellent option is a 5 mm foam lining and an additional felt backing;
- The presence of non-stick properties of fabric – the best combination of price and quality. The composition must have a special impregnation; if the choice is made in favor of covers with a metallized thread, then by comparing several manufacturers, you can find an option at an affordable price;
Covers with an elastic band are easier to change than those with a cord. But do not choose them if the board has a non-removable iron stand. These attributes are clearly sized and cannot be adjusted to fit any board.
- DIY ironing board cover, it is advisable to replace the cover approximately every 2 years. And sometimes you don’t want to spend money on expensive options. A homemade case is a good alternative.
Choosing the right fabric When choosing a material, you must be guided by such characteristics as: resistance to temperatures; smoothness, but no slip; density; no shedding. It is better to opt for a cotton or linen version (thick coarse calico, flannel or teak in this case is an excellent choice). It is not advisable to choose chintz, as the fabric is loose. It is desirable to choose the color of the canvas light and monochromatic. But, if the choice fell on a colored fabric, then it is better to test it for possible staining. It is also necessary to make a lining, for which foam rubber, batting, felt or synthetic winterizer are usually suitable. Foam rubber wears out faster when heated and in the presence of moisture, batting or felt is more durable and does not fidget the cover on the board due to its rough structure. Felt is a better choice for a substrate than foam.