BLACK+DECKER IR1010 Light
The modern iron has little resemblance to its progenitor: it is a multifunctional, convenient, lightweight and safe device. Our rating will tell you about the best models in terms of quality and reliability in different price segments. But first, let’s find out how to choose the best steam irons for your home.
Feature of BLACK+DECKER IR1010 Light
- TrueGlide Nonstick Soleplate – The enhanced nonstick soleplate is engineered to glide smoothly across all types of fabrics
- SmartSteam Technology – Take the guesswork out of ironing. SmartSteam automatically optimizes the amount of steam based on the temperature you select
- Anti-Drip – The iron is engineered to prevent dripping by closely regulating water temperatures
- Spray Mist – The push-button mister helps moisten fabrics to quickly smooth away deep wrinkles
- Automatic Shutoff – For added peace of mind, the iron shuts off when left unattended for 30 seconds on its side or soleplate
How to choose an iron? What do we pay attention to when buying?
Power. Most of the models on sale have a good capacity to handle tough, dense fabrics. In this case, the power must be at least 2,000 W.
The surface you are ironing. It is worth taking a closer look at irons with ceramic, Teflon soles. There are interesting options with a coating of steel and titanium, which are worth taking a closer look at, however, their cost will be much higher.
Sole shape. This is very important when ironing small parts. Collars, space between buttons, small pockets – all this can be well processed with a thin iron spout. Pay attention to the presence of steam holes on the tip of the iron, which should be pointed.
Weight and dimensions. If you are a fragile woman and you have a large family, then choosing a heavy device is not entirely wise. Your hands will get tired when ironing a pile of clothes every day. But a lightweight iron is also a dubious choice because it may not iron thick fabrics. Choose a model with an approximate weight of about 1.6-2 kg.
We tried to pick for you the ten best classic irons of 2020, combining good build quality, having the maximum number of options and a price that is affordable for most consumers .